Sunday, October 26, 2014

KBYD October 26, 2014




Playlist:

Grey Alphabets - Dead Sea Apes
Minestrone - Fujiya & Miyagi
19 - NARCS
Overheard in the West End - The Girobabies
Sails, Hermaphroditic - of Montreal
We Lose Our Minds - The Mexanines
Chappy - Vertebrae
Even When the Water's Cold - !!! (Chk Chk Chk)
The Prawn - Boys Boys Boys
Backlash - The Girobabies
No Assets - Spring Offensive
Swim - Two Weeks Running
Proof - I Am Kloot
Googlewhack - The Maydays
Cyclothymia - The New Fabian Society
For You - The Abigails
Peanut Butter - The Liverbirds
Caroline, Make Up Your Mind - The Owls
I Just Want To Make Love To You - Muddy Waters
One Way Ticket - Lo & Behold


Poems:

Requiem for the Croppies
by Seamus Heaney

The pockets of our greatcoats full of barley...
No kitchens on the run, no striking camp...
We moved quick and sudden in our own country.
The priest lay behind ditches with the tramp.
A people hardly marching... on the hike...
We found new tactics happening each day:
We'd cut through reins and rider with the pike
And stampede cattle into infantry,
Then retreat through hedges where cavalry must be thrown.
Until... on Vinegar Hill... the final conclave.
Terraced thousands died, shaking scythes at cannon.
The hillside blushed, soaked in our broken wave.
They buried us without shroud or coffin
And in August... the barley grew up out of our grave.


Sweetest Love, I Do Not Go
by John Donne

Sweetest love, I do not go,
For weariness of thee,
Nor in hope the world can show
A fitter love for me;
But since that I
Must die at last, 'tis best
To use myself in jest
Thus by feign'd deaths to die.

Yesternight the sun went hence,
And yet is here today;
He hath no desire nor sense,
Nor half so short a way:
Then fear not me,
But believe that I shall make
Speedier journeys, since I take
More wings and spurs than he.

O how feeble is man's power,
That if good fortune fall,
Cannot add another hour,
Nor a lost hour recall!
But come bad chance,
And we join to'it our strength,
And we teach it art and length,
Itself o'er us to'advance.

When thou sigh'st, thou sigh'st not wind,
But sigh'st my soul away;
When thou weep'st, unkindly kind,
My life's blood doth decay.
It cannot be
That thou lov'st me, as thou say'st,
If in thine my life thou waste,
That art the best of me.

Let not thy divining heart
Forethink me any ill;
Destiny may take thy part,
And may thy fears fulfil;
But think that we
Are but turn'd aside to sleep;
They who one another keep
Alive, ne'er parted be.

No comments:

Post a Comment