Thursday, June 12, 2014

KBYD June 12, 2014





Playlist:

Something To Do With Death - Dead Sea Apes
Fallout - Working For A Nuclear Free City
Crystal Bones - The Balcony Stars
Alternative To Living - Kill For Company
Pterodactyls - Fujiya and Miyagi
Windowpane - The Creature Comfort
High Off Your Love - Monophonics
Say Goodbye - Orgone
The Bob Gordons - Them Sharks
Gotta Get Cha - Maceo and All The Kings Men
Bite My Lip - Claws and Organs
Showtune From 42nd Street - Frazer King
Sweet and the Strange - Kindred Shins
Schooner - The Bicycle Boys
To Boast - Oxygen Thieves
Motorway - Two Skies
Remind Me To Forget - Phil Judd
Another Song - Honeyfeet


Poem:

Antaeus
by Seamus Heaney

When I lie on the ground
I rise flushed as a rose in the morning.
In fights I arrange a fall on the ring
To rub myself with sand.

That is operative
As an elixir. I cannot be weaned
Off the earth's long contour, her river-veins.
Down here in my cave

Girded with root and rock
I am cradled in the dark that wombed me
And nurtured in every artery
Like a small hillock.

Let each new hero come
Seeking the golden apples and Atlas:
He must wrestle with me before he pass
Into that realm of fame

Among sky-born and royal.
He may well throw me and renew my birth
But let him not plan, lifting me off the earth,
My elevation, my fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment