Thursday, August 30, 2012

KBYD August 30, 2012

Playlist:
Knowledge and Conversation - Dead Sea Apes
4th Street - Blind Atlas
Calm Me Down - Coach
Left In The Gutter - Chicks Who Love Guns
Tapioca - New Navy
Buffalo Country - Cloud Control
Nothing Better Than The English Weather - Skeleton Suite
My Delirium - Ladyhawke
Airs and Graces - Natalie Joan
Haunt You - The Pack A.D.
Never Been Free - Honeyfeet
Nitty Gritty - Koko Taylor
Hitman - Wax Idols
When Harmony Comes - Mark Burgess And The Sons Of God
Troubled Son - Working For A Nuclear Free City
Sophie - Goodshirt
Ronettes - The Black Angels
Inland master - Jez Kerr
Melting Pot - Booker T. And The M.G.'s


Poem:

To His Skeleton
Richard Wilbur

Why will you vex me with
These bone-spurs in the ear,
With X-rayed phlebolith
And calculus? See here,

Noblest of armatures,
The grin which bares my teeth
Is mine as yet, not yours.
Did you not stand beneath

This flesh, I could not stand,
but would revert to slime
Informous and unmanned;
And I may come in time

To wish your peace my fate,
Your sculpture my renown.
Still, I have held you straight
And mean to lay you down

Without too much disgrace
When what can perish dies.
For now then, keep your place
And do not colonize.

No comments:

Post a Comment