Tuesday, July 13, 2010

KBYD July 13, 2010

Playlist:

Track - Artist
Auto-Destruct - Jaguar Jones
Civil Lanterns - The Ropes
The Undesirables - Lawrence Arabia
The Box - 1990s
I Will Explode - Liam Finn
Solid Ground -Maps & Atlases
I Say Fever - Ramona Falls
Thieves - She & Him
Pacifica Nostalgia - Fungi Girls
Brick or Coconuts - Jacuzzi Boys
Run Cold - Holly Golightly
I Want To (Go) - Lovvers
Year's Not Long - Male Bonding
My Love Will Follow Me - Vivian Girls
Frozen Heart - Smoke Fairies
Billie Holiday - Warpaint

(Sonic and Cerebral Fodder)



Poems:

Whoso List To Hunt
Sir Thomas Wyatt

Whoso list to hunt, I know where is an hind,
But as for me, helas! I may no more.
The vain travail hath worried me so sore,
I am of them that furthest come behind.
Yet may I by no means, my worried mind
Draw from the deer; but as she fleeth afore
Fainting I follow. I leave off therefore,
Since in a net I seek to hold the wind.
Who list her hunt, I put him out of doubt,
As well as I, may spend his time in vain;
And graven in diamonds in letters plain
There is written, her fair neck round about,
"Noli me tangere, for Caesar's I am,
And wild to hold, though I seem tame."


The Kraken
Tennyson

Below the thunders of the upper deep;
Far, far beneath in the abysmal sea,
His ancient, dreamless, uninvaded sleep
The Kraken sleepeth: faintest sunlights flee
About his shadowy sides: above him swell
Huge sponges of millennial growth and height;
And far away into the sickly light,
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant arms the slumbering green.
There hath he lain for ages and will lie
Battening upon huge sea-worms in his sleep,
Until the latter fire shall heat the deep;
Then once by man and angels to be seen,
In roaring he shall rise and on the surface die.


No Second Troy
William Butler Yeats

Why should I blame her that she filled my days
With misery, or that she would of late
Have taught to ignorant men most violent ways,
Or hurled the little streets upon the great.
Had they but courage equal to desire?
What could have made her peaceful with a mind
That nobleness made simple as a fire,
With beauty like a tightened bow, a kind
That is not natural in an age like this,
Being high and solitary and most stern?

Why, what could she have done, being what she is?
Was there another Troy for her to burn?

No comments:

Post a Comment